The NEPAD Planning and Coordinating Agency invites applicants who are citizens of African Union Member States for the post of Programme Officer, Climate Change Fund
Under the supervision of the Senior Programme Officer, Youth Employment and Entrepreneurship in Agriculture and Agribusiness of the NEPAD Planning and Coordinating Agency (NPCA) or his/her delegate, the Programme Assistant, Youth Employment and Entrepreneurship in Agriculture and Agribusiness will be responsible for providing support and assistance in various aspects including administrative, procurement, logistical and financial management of the of the project on Promoting Decent Rural Youth Employment and Entrepreneurship in Agriculture and Agribusiness.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Excellent programme delivery, communication, writing and editing skills.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and work under pressure with a wide range of individuals and institutions.
- Able to work under minimal supervision, be proactive, initiative and with sound judgment.
- High level of accuracy, attention to detail and thoroughness.
- Maintain confidentiality at the highest level at all times.
- High level of integrity and accountability, flexible approaches to work coupled with enthusiasm, commitment and energetic.
- Ability to leverage limited resources and staff for maximum impact.
- Creative thinking and problem solving skills.
- Good organisation, planning and time management skills.
- Good analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural and multi-national environment.
- Ability to work with others as a team.
- Experience in working with an international organisation.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of a College Diploma in General Administration, Office Administration, Secretarial Studies, Management, and / or Social Sciences.
- Five (5) years of progressive responsibility in providing office administration and project management support, including at least two (2) years in the field of project or fund administration.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Development Studies, Social Sciences, Accounting or a related field will be an advantage.
Application: To apply, please submit the following:
- A motivation letter stating reasons for seeking employment with the NEPAD Planning and Coordinating Agency.
- A detailed and updated curriculum vitae (CV), not exceeding five (5) pages and indicating your nationality, age and gender.
- Three (3) referees with good knowledge of the candidate’s work, furnishing full contact details, telephone, fax and e-mail addresses.
- Certified copies of degrees and diplomas.
Remuneration: Indicative basic salary of US$18,569.00 per annum plus other entitlements e.g. Post Adjustment (US$7,427.60), Housing Allowance ($13,248.00 per annum), gratuity (15% of gross salary), medical aid and life and accident insurance in conformity with the rules and procedures applicable to internationally recruited staff of the African Union.
Applications must be received not later than Monday, 29 May 2017 and should be addressed to:
Head of Human Resources
NEPAD Planning and Coordinating Agency
P O Box 218
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.