Rwanda National Consultation Report- Sept 2012
This study intends to develop a clear understanding of the specific issues impacting on rural women farmers’ ability to engage in the agricultural sector in a more sustainable and profitable manner than at present. Specifically, the study:
- Analysed how gender is taken into account in the national policies and strategies on agriculture, environment and climate change;
- Examined the potential impacts of climate change on agriculture and small-holder women farmers;
- Assessed the existing coping strategies adopted by women farmers;
- Examined the adaptation strategies employed by the smallholder farmers in reducing their vulnerabilities to the impacts of climate change;
- Identified the challenges and barriers experienced by women farmers in their adaptation to climate change; and
- Proposed actions to address women vulnerability to climate change.