The NEPAD Planning and Coordinating Agency (NEPAD Agency’s Skills and Employment for Youth Programme (SEFY) and the UN Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO) – Decent Rural Employment team in the Social Policies and Rural Institutions Division (ESP)) are pleased to announce a series of jointly organized Technical Webinars on decent rural employment and child labour in agriculture. The Webinars will showcase lessons learnt from the field and generate discussion to further highlight existing challenges and opportunities to reach scale and impact. Hosting of the Webinars are supported by the NEPAD Strategic Planning, Monitoring and Knowledge Management collaborating with the FAO Capacity Development unit, in the Partnerships and South-South Cooperation Division (DPS).
This webinar’s objectives are to:
- Raise awareness and sensitize on the importance of addressing emerging issues related to rural youth employment in Africa and beyond;
- Present FAO and NEPAD experiences and lessons learnt at country level;
- Showcase and discuss good practices and tailored responses to emerging issues, e.g. success factors for entrepreneurship development at local level; radicalization, etc.
- Opening remarks: Fati N’zi Hassane, Head of Skills and Employment for Youth Programme, NEPAD Agency
- Unami Mpofu Senior Programme Officer Skills and Employment for Youth Programme NEPAD Agency
- Francesca DallaValle, Youth Employment Specialist, FAO
- Ileana Grandelis, Rural Employment Officer, FAO
Zofia Mroczek, Decent rural employment and child labour consultant, FAO
If you wish to know more:
Before the Technical Webinar and in order to familiarize with the concepts, main challenges and various implications of unemployment among rural youth, we would strongly recommend participants to go through the lesson 1 and 3 of the e-learning course: “Promoting productive employment and decent work in rural areas” available free of charge, as a global public good, through the FAO e-learning Center: http://www.fao.org/elearning/#/elc/en/courses/PEDW
How to attend the Webinar:
Kindly register in advance at: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Fm-ItLu8XDlN9WtUjEWsA0JPYQKd669tXIH3mvUS1WU/edit This will ensure you will receive all documentation, feedback and recording of the webinar after the event.
Or join us directly on Wednesday, 28th February 2018 at 15:00-16:30 CET (UTC+1) on this link http://fao.adobeconnect.com/youth/