The Southern Africa Network for Biosciences (SANBio) Network supported by the Finnish-Southern African Partnership Programme to strengthen the Southern African Network for Biosciences (BioFISA II Programme) will be hosting an Annual Event from 21-22 February 2017 at Birchwood Hotel, 14 Viewpoint Road in Boksburg, South Africa.
This event is an annual must-attend gathering for Private Sector, University and Research partners, SADC country funding councils, Industry associations, Donors in the region, BioFISA II Project teams, NGOs, Innovators and SMMEs, and Venture capitalists in these sectors, attracting more than 150 delegates working in the impact areas of health and nutrition from over 12 countries.
The annual event will present an opportunity for:
- Plenary sessions and Davos style discussion on the emerging trends in human health, animal health and nutrition with regional stakeholders in an effort to support and promote innovations in these thematic areas
- BioFISA funded Seed and Flagship projects to showcase their project achievements to date
- Facilitation of meet-ups for stakeholders to engage with each other directly with an aim to foster regional collaboration and knowledge sharing face to face in an informal manner
- Sharing lessons learnt in development cooperation funded projects
- Launch of the Women Bioscience Entrepreneurs Competition
Participation is free.
The full programme for the event can be found here.
To register, fill in this form.
"For additional information and updates, visit: http://www.nepadsanbio.org/annual-event-2017.html