1. The African Union has received a grant from the African Development Bank (AfDB) for the implementation of the Multinational - Programme for Infrastructure Development in Africa Capacity Building Project (PIDA CAP). The Executing Agency for the Project is NEPAD Agency and NEPAD has
extended a portion of this grant to ECOWAS Commission. ECOWAS Commission intends to use part of the grant to finance the costs for the Consultancy Services for Projects Packaging for The Development of The Praia-Dakar-Abidjan Multimodal Multi-Sectoral Corridor (PDAMMC).
2. The services under this contract mainly consist of the Projects Packaging and preparation of a Corridor Development Investment and Marketing Plan (CDIMP) for the development and implementation of the PDAMMC Projects in the Transport, Energy, Transboundary Water and Telecommunication and IT – sectors, selected by experts from the ECOWAS CMCs. As a minimum, the following information shall be gathered to assist the consultant in delivering the objectives of the assignment: (i) Projects description and status (illustrated by maps); (ii) Situation analysis (regional, Continental and global comparisons); (iii) Project life cycle status; (iv) Identification of products of trade; (v) Investments required for each
project and suggested fund mobilization strategies for each project defined; (vi) Key challenges and gaps which may impact on the project identified; (vii) A collection of Praia-Dakar-Abidjan Corridor Projects briefs, highlighting for each project: context, objectives, outcome and impacts, status and readiness, next stage`` milestones, funding requirements and approach; (viii) Identify key partners and their opportunity and ways of engagement. The duration of the assignment is estimated at twelve (12) Calendar Weeks.
3. The criteria for preparing the shortlist are: (a) general experience in Transport, Energy, ICT and Transboundary Water studies over the past ten (10) years; (b) specific experience in infrastructure projects feasibility studies and finance conducted over the past ten (10) years; (c) experience in donorfinanced studies in sub-Saharan Africa; (d) availability of key staff (list, field of specialization, qualifications and experience); (e) logistic resources and equipment; (f) IT resources (specialized software), (g) capacity to produce reports and all other relevant documents in English, French and Portuguese;
4. The eligibility criteria, the preparation of shortlist, and the selection procedure shall comply with the African Development Bank’s Rules and Procedures for the Use of Consultants” (May 2008 edition – revised in July 2012), available on the Bank’s website: http://www.afdb.org. The selection procedure will be based on Quality Cost Based Selection method (QCBS). And a shortlist of six (6) firms which present the best
profiles shall be drawn up after the expression of interest. Also the firms that are part of an international network are to submit one expression of interest.
NB: Each reference will be summarized on a project sheet showing information on Assignment Title, Country, Location, Start and End Dates, Funding Source, Description of Project and Actual Services provided by your Staff/firm, Contract Sum in US$, Professional Staff provided by firm, Name of Client, and others as deemed relevant. The projects will be considered only if the candidate attaches supporting documents - Excerpts of contract (cover page and page with the signatures) plus Attestation of good performance indicating the contact information of the contracting authorities so as to facilitate verification of the information provided:
5. Consultants may form groups to increase their chances of qualification. However, firms are strongly discouraged from participating in part or in whole in more than ONE (1) Expression of Interest. 6. The ECOWAS Commission invites Consultants (firms specialized in infrastructure projects feasibility and finance studies) to submit their candidacy for the services described above. Interested eligible and qualified consultants must provide information on their qualifications and experience, demonstrating that they are qualified to provide similar services.
7. Interested consultants can obtain further information at the e -mail address mentioned below during working hours: 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 pm (local time) on working days and can also be sent to email@example.com with copies to firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com.
8. Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form (one (1) signed original plus five (5) copies) in (person, or by registered mail) to the address below, not later than 1st October, 2017 at 4:00p.m (GMT+1), local time, and must be clearly marked: “Projects Packaging for the Development of the Praia-Dakar-Abidjan Multimodal Multi-Sectoral Corridor (PDAMMC)”- Do Not Open except in Presence of The Procurement Committee”.
For delivery in person or by Mail:
ECOWAS Commission Headquarters,
Yakubu Gowon Crescent,
EOl can be sent by emails in to the above emails and copied to the Commissioner General Administration & Conference on email: firstname.lastname@example.org with copies to email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com