The NEPAD Planning and Coordinating Agency invites applicants who are citizens of African Union Member States for the post of Programme Officer, Sustainable Tourism
Under the supervision of the Head of the Natural Resources Governance and Food Security Programme, the Programme Officer, Sustainable Tourism will provide technical support and coordinate the implementation of NEPAD’s programmatic interventions in the area of Tourism. The Programme Officer will offer technical input and support in the development and production of technical knowledge, documents and support networking activities with African Union (AU) member countries, Regional Economic Communities (RECs), private sectors, as well as Non-Governmental Organizations, bilateral and multilateral partners.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Excellent knowledge and experience in sustainable tourism within the following areas is essential:
- Green growth and tourism, mitigation and adaptation issues around sustainable Tourism.
- Sustainable Development Goals and eco-tourism.
- Ethical and Social Dimensions of Tourism.
- Regional integration through free movement of people, goods and services.
- Excellent communication, writing and editing skills.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and work under pressure with a wide range of individuals and institutions.
- Able to work under minimal supervision, be proactive, initiative and with sound judgment.
- High level of accuracy, attention to detail and thoroughness.
- Maintain confidentiality at the highest level at all times.
- High level of integrity and accountability, flexible approaches to work coupled with enthusiasm, commitment and energetic.
- Ability to leverage limited resources and staff for maximum impact.
- Creative thinking and problem solving skills.
- Good organisation, planning and time management skills.
- Sound analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural and multi-national environment.
- Ability to work with others as a team.
Education and Experience:
- Candidates must have a minimum qualification of a Bachelor degree in Development Studies/ Tourism Management / Natural Resources or related qualification with a minimum of five (5) years progressive working experience in the public sector, multilateral institutions, international non-governmental or similar organizations nationally, regionally and / or internationally.
Application: To apply, please submit the following:
- A motivation letter stating reasons for seeking employment with the NEPAD Planning and Coordinating Agency.
- Detailed and updated curriculum vitae (CV), not exceeding five (5) pages and indicating your nationality, age and gender.
- Three (3) referees with good knowledge of the candidate’s work, furnishing full contact details, telephone, fax and e-mail addresses.
- Certified copies of degrees and diplomas
- A recent performance evaluation report (for internal candidates only).
Remuneration: Indicative basic salary of US$29,287.00 per annum plus other entitlements e.g. Post Adjustment (57% of basic salary), Housing allowance ($21,196.80 per annum), Pension (19% of basic salary) in conformity with the rules and procedures applicable to internationally recruited staff of the African Union.
Applications must be received not later than Monday, June 5 2017 and should be addressed to:
Head of Human Resources
NEPAD Planning and Coordinating Agency
P O Box 1234
Email: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.