The NEPAD Planning and Coordinating Agency invites applicants who are citizens of African Union Member States for the post of Personal Assistant/Secretary.
Under the supervision of the Head of Finance or his/her delegate, the Personal Assistant/Secretary will be responsible for administrative, logistic, secretarial and clerical duties. In particular s/he will carry out the following tasks;
Required Skills and Competencies
- Able to work under minimal supervision and be proactive and initiative.
- Integrity, flexible approaches to work couple with enthusiasm, commitment and energetic.
- Good organization and planning skills.
- Excellent telephone skills.
- Effective time management skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Good communication and public relations skills.
- Good writing and presentation skills.
- Some analytical skills.
- Knowledge & understanding of office administration and office practice and procedures.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and work under pressure with a wide range individuals and institutions.
- Maintenance of confidentiality at all times.
- The ability to work in a multi-cultural and multi-national environment.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of a college diploma and a High School certificate in General Administration, Office Administration, Secretarial Studies, Management, and / or social sciences.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of progressively responsible in administrative, secretarial, logistics and clerical work experience, including at least two (2) years in a busy finance department.
- Excellent working knowledge of computer applications (MS Word, Excel & Powerpoint).
- Some form of specialist training relevant to the position.
Application: To apply, please submit the following:
- A motivation letter stating reasons for seeking employment with the NEPAD Planning and Coordinating Agency.
- A detailed and updated curriculum vitae (CV), not exceeding five (5) pages and indicating your nationality, age and gender.
- Three (3) referees with good knowledge of the candidate’s work, furnishing full contact details, telephone, fax and e-mail addresses.
- Certified copies of degrees and diplomas.
Remuneration: Indicative basic salary of US$14,580.00 per annum plus other entitlements e.g. Post Adjustment (US$5,832.00), Housing allowance ($11,260.80 per annum), Pension (19% of gross salary) in conformity with the rules and procedures applicable to locally recruited staff of the African Union.
Applications must be received not later than Monday, 3 April 2017 and should be addressed to:
Head of Human Resources
NEPAD Planning and Coordinating Agency
P O Box 1234
Email: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.