The NEPAD Planning and Coordinating Agency invites applicants who are citizens of African Union Member States for the post of Capacity Development Officer.
Under the supervision of the Head of Capacity Development Division of the NEPAD Planning and Coordinating Agency (NPCA) or his/her delegate, the Capacity Development Officer will provide support in the implementation of the NEPAD Africa-wide Capacity Development Strategic Framework (CDSF).
Required Skills and Competencies
- Comprehensive knowledge of capacity development, with a solid institutional development competence.
- Sound understanding and knowledge of current trends and debates in global and regional capacity development policy issues relating to development effectiveness.
- Interest in Africa’s capacity development issues and the inter-linkages with socio-economic development results and governance.
- Demonstrated research skills, strong writing and analytical skills, as well as, capability to obtain information from all relevant sources, evaluate results and develop clear ideas and proposals.
- Proven ability to produce analytical papers on technical issues in a clear and concise manner with proven conceptual and analytical skills.
- Solid command and comprehension of social, economic and geo-political issues and the interconnection with capacity development.
- Good interpersonal skills, open-minded and willingness to learn and ability to multi-task.
- High level of integrity, accountability, flexible, enthusiastic, energetic and innovative.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and work under pressure with a wide range of individuals and institutions
- Creative thinking and problem solving skills with good organisational, planning and time management skills
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural and multi-national environment
- Excellent oral, written and reporting skills.
- Experience in working with an international organisation.
Education and Experience:
Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree in Humanities, Social Sciences or any other related field with five (5) years of experience working in the field of capacity development and results with related to policy analysis, project management or development assistance experience obtained in an international, regional organisation or government setting.
Application: To apply, please submit the following:
- A motivation letter stating reasons for seeking employment with the NEPAD Planning and Coordinating Agency.
- Detailed and updated curriculum vitae (CV), not exceeding five (5) pages and indicating your nationality, age and gender.
- Three (3) referees with good knowledge of the candidate’s work, furnishing full contact details, telephone, fax and e-mail addresses.
- Certified copies of degrees and diplomas
Remuneration: Indicative basic salary of US$29,287.00 per annum plus other entitlements e.g. Post Adjustment (57% of basic salary), Housing allowance ($21,196.80 per annum), Pension (19% of basic salary) in conformity with the rules and procedures applicable to internationally recruited staff of the African Union.
Applications must be received not later than Monday, 3 April 2017 and should be addressed to:
Head of Human Resources
NEPAD Planning and Coordinating Agency
P O Box 1234
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.